BE WARNED! See the latest tricks con-men are now using, this lady lost Kshs 240,000

Saturday, 11 April 2015 – An M-Pesa agent recently lost Kshs 260,000 to robbers who were pretending to be strangers asking for directions. 

According to Elizabeth Nyambura, who works as an M-Pesa attendant in Nakuru town, she was on her way to the bank to deposit the money when a woman in a parked vehicle called her and asked for direction to Kabarak University. 

"When I approached the vehicle, I saw a man in the driver's seat. The woman asked me for direction to Kabarak and I showed them. She gave me a business card and I do not know what happened next," Nyambura said.

The 23 year old lady was found three hours later, stranded in the outskirts of the town, without the money. She now believes that the business card she received from the lady may have been covered with an unknown drug that caused her disorientation. 

"I believe they spiked me with something that is why I became confused," she said. 

The case was reported at the Central Police Station in Nakuru under OB22/9/4/15. 

Source, Standard
BY Ken (E! News)

Post a Comment

0 Comments