Citizen TV’s Jacque Maribe used to help me with pads back in secondary school - SIZE 8


Thursday, October 29, 2015 – Popular Kenyan gospel singer, Size 8, is one of the few female celebrities, who have worked extremely hard to earn their place in the competitive showbiz industry.

But besides that charming smile she puts, the award winning gospel singer has undergone through a lot of challenges just like any other person.


Speaking during a recent media interview, Size 8 disclosed that she and her sister during their childhood stole a neighbor’s chicken in order to put food on the table.


“I was born and raised in Maringo, Eastlands Estate. As a family, we were so poor that we lacked enough food. So on this particular day, my sister and I stole the neighbour’s chicken – hunger was too much!” says the Mateke hit-maker.


She further disclosed that Citizen TV’s news anchor, Jacque Maribe, who was her roommate way back at State House Girls High School, assisted her with sanitary pads.


“I used to hustle sanitary towels. Actually Citizen TV’s Jacque Maribe used to help me with pads back in secondary school. We studied at State House Girls High School. I left in form three to join Hillcrest on scholarship, but all through she has been my friend. I have known her for 14 years now”. She added. 


To all those going through tough times in life, Size 8’s story may inspire you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments