Olympic swimmer, REBECCA ADLINGTON, shares grief as she announces stillbirth of her daughter


Monday, October 23, 2023
 – Olympic swimmer and TV star, Rebecca Adlington has revealed that she lost her baby.

The 34-year-old revealed she was expecting another baby with her husband Andrew Parsons in September.

Tragically, on Sunday night, October 22 Rebecca revealed their daughter didn’t have a heartbeat when they went for a 20-week scan.

She wrote on Instagram: ‘I don’t really have the words for right now but unfortunately, we went for our 20-week scan this week and they discovered no heartbeat.

‘I gave birth to our angel, Harper, on Friday at 7pm. We held her and had time with her. We will forever love and always remember her.’

She continued: ‘We can’t thank the staff at Wythenshawe enough. (213 Rachel, Emma and Keeley, your kindness and care throughout was simply incredible.

‘And Andy, your selfless support, love and help is truly amazing. I couldn’t of survived without you. I don’t have the strength or words right now and don’t feel ready to share this news.’

“However, I can’t pretend to be ok or fake a smile. I can’t have people ask me how pregnancy is or when I am due as I still look pregnant. I don’t have the strength to tell this news individually. We are so truly heartbroken. Our beautiful girl. Rest in peace.’

Rebecca and Andrew already share son Albie, two, while she shares eight-year-old daughter Summer with her ex, Harry Needs.



Post a Comment

0 Comments