I can’t join RUTO’s government like RAILA because he can’t give me what I want – WAMALWA declares


 Monday, July 29, 2024 - DAP-Kenya Party Leader Eugene Wamalwa has also given his stand on the possibility of joining President William Ruto's government as a Cabinet Secretary or the Attorney General.

In a statement, Wamalwa ruled out any chances of joining Ruto’s government.

According to the former Defence minister, his focus is on unseating Ruto and becoming the sixth president after the 2027 vote.

Wamalwa said the portfolios he held in former presidents Mwai Kibaki and Uhuru Kenyatta's governments were enough to propel him beyond Cabinet positions.

“Ruto cannot give me what I want. I cannot get a job in Ruto’s government. 

"I don’t want to be one of his ministers, and I don’t want his money...what I am eyeing, is that seat which he (Ruto) is holding," Wamalwa said.

Wamalwa said the AG's post was under him during his tenure as the Justice and Legal Affairs Minister during Kibaki's reign, and thus availing himself for the position would be akin to a demotion.

His sentiments followed those of Kalonzo Musyoka and Martha Karua, who categorically stated they were not interested in serving in the government.

Kalonzo suggested taking up the AG post would indicate a lack of progress, having been vice president.

Karua equally declared her disinterest in the post.

The leaders' pronouncements came in light of four ranking ODM officials getting nominations into the Cabinet.

Ruto nominated John Mbadi as his Treasury Cabinet Secretary nominee, Hassan Joho (Mining and Blue Economy) Opiyo Wandayi (Energy and Petroleum), and Wycliffe Oparanya (Cooperatives).

The nomination shocked Azimio's partners since they were not consulted.

Post a Comment

0 Comments