I will not dissolve my Cabinet - RUTO tells the Gen Zs amid pressure to sack his CSs for being corrupt and incompetent

 


Saturday July 6, 2024 - President William Ruto has vowed never to dissolve his Cabinet amid calls for him to sack his entire Cabinet for being corrupt and incompetent.

Speaking during a live session with the Gen Zs on X space, Ruto dismissed calls by the public to overhaul the whole Cabinet and make fresh appointments.

He clarified that he will consider other means of addressing matters raised by the public against some of the Cabinet Secretaries.

According to Ruto, he had already lined up several interventions to address controversies that marred the reputation of his Cabinet.

“I will not dissolve Cabinet because I am in the process of looking at things differently,” Ruto clarified.

However, Ruto warned the CSs against engaging in corrupt activities stating that he was ready to fire any Minister taken to court over graft allegations.

“Several staff of the National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB) are in court to answer for their involvement in the fertilizer scandal. The day any CS is taken to court, I will fire them,” Ruto stated.

"If there are verified allegations against a Minister or any state official and they are taken to court, I will fire them. I will not wait for the court process," he added.

Post a Comment

0 Comments