I considered playing for Ghana - Manchester United star KOBBIE MAINOO

 


Friday, June 21, 2024 - Manchester United midfielder, Kobbie Mainoo has admitted that he considered playing for the Black Stars of Ghana.

Mainoo, 19, was born in Stockport, UJ to Ghanaian parents but began his international career with England at the U-17 level, progressing through the ranks while playing academy football for Manchester United.

His performances for Manchester United earned him a place in the England squad.

In a new interview, Mainoo acknowledged his Ghanaian roots saying he would have played for the West African nation.

“I’m proud of my Ghanaian heritage but it has always been a dream to play for England. I’m happy to be here. I considered it, but I want to play for England,” Mainoo stated.

Mainoo is currently in Germany with the England squad for the European Championship.

He came on in the second half against Serbia as England kicked off their Euro 2024 campaign with a win, thanks to Jude Bellingham’s goal.

Post a Comment

0 Comments